flying my Stinson

flying my Stinson

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tap Dancing


I made a simple scrapbooking page today and journaled about my early tap dancing experiences. My mother taught tap dancing to area children in our home. She had a
tap board to put down in our living room and we danced to records played on our console.
My best friend growing up was often my dance partner. One memorable experience
was when we participated in a talent contest at a local county fair. We sang "It's a
Grand Old Flag" waving our small flags. At the end of the song, we threw the flags
aside and started our tap dance. We were disqualified for descecrating the American flag.
My Mother was mortified!

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness, what a memory. This would make a great short story. You must have felt so awful, betrayed, disappointed, sad!

    Good luck with your new blog. I'll check back often.
    Sweet blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete