flying my Stinson

flying my Stinson

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jacksonville belle


I purchased several pieces of hometown paper memorabilia at a local flea market. The advertising brings back memories of businesses from long ago - some I remember but many I've never heard of. Most of the advertising I put in my antiques mall shop but I had a few paper pieces laying on my work table and decided to do a journal page around them. I can imagine the excitement in picking out fabric, patterns and accessories for a new dress - perhaps for a special occasion. I'm curious about the business card for Alonzo Smith. My maiden name was Smith - my ancestors came from England. A good friend's maiden name was also Smith - her ancestors came from Madeira Island, Portugal. We have a large population of residents with Portuguese heritage. Many changed their last name to Smith to blend in with the already established residents. They were proud Americans!

No comments:

Post a Comment